Monday 10 May 2010

I.Y.F - I'm Your Fan



After having a quick peep at Henry Holland’s House of Holland S/S 2010 RTW Collection I have challenged myself to look at the clothes themselves rather than form my own opinion on how something could (or couldn’t) be worn. Well done me, I say. This blog journey is doing me some good! So when I checked out his new line on www.vogue.co.uk I looked for the things I found endearing to me (kind of like that feeling you have to muster to find the good in someone). That sounds quite harsh, but for someone who has trained herself to think, “wouldn’t wear it, therefore don’t like it” I’m proud. I’m sure Henry Holland is a lovely chap, and I went into his collection with the prefix that it would be all t-shirts with slightly rude slogans about his famous friends. Well, there were a few t-shirts, but not so glaringly rude.


What I do love about this collection (in my focus on the lovely bits rather than my preconceptions aiding my decision) was that there are some fantastic prints, and most of all, I LOVE the colours. I love the cheeky, summery, sugary pastel turquoise implemented in some of the clothes. The lilacs and the pinks, all mixed with the blank canvas of white and black. It gives it a real ‘pop’.

My particular favourite is the House of Holland band bodycon skirt. Made up of “Do Not Cross” style tape. It’s a quick little advert that can only be seen for those admiring the skirt for what it is – very cute. It’s only up close that you see the writing and the famous name. I also love the suspenders made out of the same material. I can’t quite explain why I love those suspenders so much. Maybe it’s the mix of the cute lilac with the sexiness of a stocking and suspender. Maybe I just have a penchant for naughty lingerie… (I’m just kidding!).

Actually, I love everything about her look. She’s very eighties, which of course, I wouldn’t know much about having only spent the first one and a half years of my life in the eighties. I love her hairpiece; very cleaner chic meets Sarah Jessica Parker. I love the t-shirt, although I’m not all too sure what I.Y.F means (In Your Face? I’m Your Friend? Or something much ruder…) It’s slight bagginess mixed with the bodycon skirt really shows off her figure. And as for the booties, I love them. Any skyscraper heel in some form of shoe-boot is a massive hit on my list. That’s one thing I do adore and have no problem appreciating: shoes. (Although let’s not talk about the recent clog trend, that’s one I get, but don’t really fancy investing in).

Anyway, back to Mr Holland and his House. I love his creative mind, I love his inspirational era and how it’s implemented in each model, and to be honest, I want a pair of those tights. What I’d wear them with I just don’t know, I’ll have to go and reconvene with you later after a rummage through my wardrobe…

No comments:

Post a Comment