Tuesday 11 May 2010

The Super Sassy New Me


The first I’d heard of Sass and Bide was an episode of The Hills (or the City, I can’t quite remember) where Whitney tells the designers that she would wear the

leather pants they had brought along to the PR Company. Scared that they may

show a little too much, Whitney assured them that they were fine and they went down the runway and all was happy in the world of Sass and Bide, Whitney Port and Kelly Cutrone.

I don’t think I would have worn those leather pants, just because I don’t think they’d look that great on a girl with a bum my size (never fear, I don’t want compliments right now, I love my bum). If I was Whitney Port’s size and frame then hell yeah I would. I think I’d wear quite a lot of stuff my bum and boobs couldn’t quite get away with.

Which is why I decided to take a peep at Sass and Bide with my new found appreciation for good clothing. Yet again, my go-to site www.vogue.co.uk doesn’t disappoint, and I am so impressed with the A/W 10 Collection. It’s so feminine, sexy and futuristic.

I love the trousers, they look so well made, and perfect for the feminine figure. Sass and Bide (Sarah-Jane Clarke and Heidi Middleton) are clearly two designers who create clothes they’d love to wear themselves.

The S/S 10 and A/W 10 Collections are completely wearable (maybe bar the incredible maxi dress from A/W 2010 with a rope top which slightly exposes the nipples). I love that you can wear it anywhere. It all looks so beautiful, so on trend, so fashionable, yet you could wear it any time, any where. A wedding, a work meeting, a casual lunch, a trip to Sainsbury’s (although you may not want to waste your hard earned pennies on a trip to buy some milk and eggs).


It’s all beautiful, classic, yet very very fashionable. Sass and Bide – possibly my new favourite designers, I’m actually contemplating a trip to Selfridges to try some of it on….

No comments:

Post a Comment